Opera House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There is a Killer in the Opera House...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
James Hook

James Hook

The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} Empty
PostSubject: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:27 am

James entered the room and closed the door behind him in silence. He walked toward the piano and sat. His whole body started shaking.

This event had drained all his strengh. He put his elbows on the piece of wood covering the keyboard and let his head resting on his hands. Thoughts about Lucille came to him and he let them taking him far away from the Opera House. Memories of face, her voice, her smile, her clumsiness, the smell of her hair and her skin... A tear started to flow down his cheeck.

Last edited by James Hook on Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:40 am

(can Aurora join? :3)
Back to top Go down
James Hook

James Hook

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:44 am

Aurora wrote:
(can Aurora join? :3)
(OOC: Definitly! XD)
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 am

(kay :3)
Aurora left her room shortly after Dimitri had walked her back and headed to the Practice Room, she wanted to sing and release some of the nervous tension she had at the moment. She had always wanted to be a singer but had never actually auditioned anywhere. She hummed a little bit as she made her way towards the Practice Room but stopped when she saw it was already occupied by James Hook the composer for the Opera House. She started to back away, she hoped she hadn't yet been noticed by him even if she had opened the door and had practically walked through humming as she went.
Back to top Go down
James Hook

James Hook

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 pm

James had been pulled out of his thoughts by the noise of someone humming in the corridor. He quickly wipped out the tear on his cheek and tried to act as if he was simply practicing or writing, upset to be disturbed in such a moment and embarrassed to think someone might have seen him like this.

The voice was different from the ones he had heard before. It hopefully wasn't "La Précieuse Ridicule" 's voice neither Snow White's. It awoke his curiosity. "Who is there?" asked James when he noticed the person was trying to go away now.
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:09 pm

Aurora swallowed hard and then sighed, "Uhm Aurora sir." She said softly, "I'm sorry if I disturbed you." She added hastily, she had a feeling she had intruded on something private and that made her feel bad.
Back to top Go down
James Hook

James Hook

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:23 pm

(OOC: this is just the stubborn James' point of view plz don't take it personally. Embarassed )

James was surprised to see Aurora's face appearing. Another domestic? Well she had less talent for singing than Jim for the piano (and no singer - official or not - here could compete with his Lucille anyway) but she had a sweet voice that, once worked on, could compete with the Prima Donna's one. Thins thought made James smile a bit. "Were you the one singing just now?"
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:28 pm

(nah its fine, her voice wouldn't be that great anyway Smile)
She blinked and then cleared her throat, "Uh yes it was." She said nervously, she wasn't sure where he was going with this line of questioning. She could almost picture Dimitri making fun of her and that made her straighten her back and at least act normal.
Back to top Go down
James Hook

James Hook

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:33 pm

James turned back around to the piano and started playing the simple yet famous 'Ave Maria' by Gounod, waiting for her to sing the lyrics to evaluate her voice.

(OOC: Gahhhhh Why is it this 7 days rules for new members to post links!!! Here is the title of the song on YT: " Charles Gounod: Ave Maria (piano solo)
")
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:39 pm

Aurora hesitated before she moved to stand closer to the piano, she knew the song having heard it multiple times and started to sing. She missed a few opening notes but hastily recovered and then started to get the hang of the flow of the song.
Back to top Go down
James Hook

James Hook

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:45 pm

James grimaced a bit hearing Aurora's first notes but continued to play and nodded when Aurora started to get the hang of the flow. Not bad for a first try but he wanted to hear more, to know whether or not she could be trained as a singer or not.
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Aurora kept singing and soon forgot that she was singing in front of the composer for the Opera House as she got lost just singing and feeling the music. She was slightly afraid but every single time she got nervous she forced herself to concentrate on the music.
Back to top Go down
James Hook

James Hook

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:00 pm

James started to lightly smile hearing Aurora was starting to free herself from nervosity and fully appreciate singing. That was the most important thing in music in James's opinion. Something both Charlotte and Snow White had forgotten.

He played the lasts notes of the song and paused for a minute, thinking.

( OOC: Thanks for the link! <3 I have to go making dinner now so until I finished eating and all I might jump in on the forum only occasionally if I have time to! ;D )
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Aurora blinked surprised when he stopped playing and then blushed as she remembered where she was, she bit her bottom lip nervously as she glanced over at him. "Thank you for playing that...it was lovely." She admitted with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
James Hook

James Hook

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:29 pm

James tilted his head to answer Aurora's thanking. He sighted and stood up. He headed to the little desk and searched for some partition. He finally found a what he was looking for. "Do you know how to read the music miss?" he asked Aurora, turning around and walking toward her.

He handed the partition to her, waiting for her answer.
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 3:42 pm

She stared down at the notes, "Yeah, Dimitri taught me how." She said quietly, she glanced back up at him and then back at the music sheet in front of her. She was now even more curious to know where he was headed with this.
Back to top Go down
James Hook

James Hook

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:00 pm

"Perfect. Then learn this solo and come back to see me once it's done. I'll give you singing lessons when you'll have time to." James pulled the paper back to him adding: "That is if you want to work seriously."
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 5:18 pm

Her eyes widened and she stared at him dumbstruck, "You'll teach me? I...I would be honored to have you as a teacher, Mr. Hook." She said with excitement in her voice now, she had always wanted to sing professionally...now she just might have that chance.
Back to top Go down
James Hook

James Hook

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 7:06 am

James let out a short smile when Aurora mentioned working with him would be an honor. He wasn't so sure of wothing this compliment but well... "I will. But remember, the way which leads to the world of professional singers is long and full of difficulties, you'll have to work really hard and be patient." he warned her with a serious tone.
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:47 am

She nodded, her smile still growing "I..I understand, thank you...thank you so much." She said softly and almost wanted to hug him but she had a feeling that wouldn't be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
James Hook

James Hook

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 3:53 pm

"Well, the day has been quite tiring and I'm an old man... at least older than you. I need some rest and you should probably have some too." he calmly said, tilting his head in a goodbye and moving towad the door. "Become a good singer and that will be the best thanking you could ever do to me." he added leaving the room.

She was a nice girl, thought James. But he was still not sure she would remain a nice girl once on the stage, with all the pression and the competition between singers.
He started to wonder if he hadn't make a mistake. Oh, well, there was no need to fear now; only time could tell.
Back to top Go down
Aurora

Aurora

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:01 pm

She watched him leave and then stared back down at the music in her hands, she was shocked she had been given this chance, but one thing was for sure she wouldn't waste it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}   The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone} Empty

Back to top Go down

The calm after the storm {TAG: anyone}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Opera House :: Operahouse :: Practice Room-
Jump to: